Friday, March 7, 2008

Cuteness & Probably

This morning as we were walking out the door, Stacee said to me, "Oh, you look cute mommy."

As much as I'd like to admit that I'm mature enough in my appearance to not depend on the compliments of a 12 year-old, let's face it: I'm not! I loved that though she said it with a tone of surprise in her voice (apparently, she was shocked to see me looking cute), she said it none the less. My heart swelled, my face smiled and I've been on cloud 9 all day long feeling attractive. It's been a good Friday!

I suppose I should disregard the fact that at 33 I'm not going for "cute"...


And here's my favorite conversation of the week:

Telephone rings

Me: Hello? Yes, he's here. May I tell him who's calling?

Walk down the hall to A.J.'s lair.

Me: A.J., it's another girl for you. Who's Samantha?

A.J.: A friend.

Me: A friend from school or church?

A.J.: School

My thought: It's like pulling frickin' teeth trying to get him to volunteer information!

Me: Do you have a girlfriend?

A.J.: No.

Me: Do you like anyone?

A.J.: Maybe.

See above comment in italics.

Me: Does anyone like you?

A.J.: Probably.

I hand him the phone, our conversation is clearly over.

Probably? Probably? What kind of swelled head is this kid getting? He's just assuming that somewhere someone likes him. Ha! There are days that I don't even like him and I gave birth to him!
Seriously, though, I'm thankful he's such a likeable kid, even if his hair is too long and he's doesn't lack any confidence.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I'm fairly certain that the amount of confidence you have is inversely proportional to your age level. I.e. - the lower your age number (15, 14, 13), the higher your confidence. At 15, my confidence was over the moon. I knew everything - EVERYTHING. At 25, I'm still pretty sure I know how to run people's lives...I'm just not always sure about my own. See how it works?

~Courtney